All About Me
Hello again! My name is Melissa, or Mel, or Missy... I respond to them all!
So you wanna know a little about me? Let's start with the basics.... I'm just a small town Indiana girl trying to do the thing she loves while working a full time annoying job to pay bills and raise a family. I'm married to my best friend and have 2 amazing kids: a girl in college and a teenage boy in high school . So I suppose the 'raising' part of my family is almost over. I also have 2 crazy dogs who are my babies. They sort of boss us around and run my life but I love them anyway. (Side note: I love all animals, so if you want to make your pet, any pet, a part of a session....I'm 100% okay with that!)
I have always loved photography and have had a camera in my hands for as long as I can remember. I still have polaroid pictures of friends and family that I took from when I was in elementary school! The first real present my brothers ever bought me was a camera. I took it with me wherever I went. I still never imagined I would love taking photos of others as much as I do. I love the connections I make with people. I love creating something beautiful that they love. I love when I can show a senior how amazingly beautiful/handsome they really are. I love meeting couples who are crazy in love with each other and hearing their stories. I just love it. I keep finding new ways to push and challenge myself with photography, and am so grateful for the clients that not only allow me to do that, but for the ones that have done the pushing.
"Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second." - Marc Riboud
- Favorite TV shows: Schitt's Creek (OBSESSED) and Big Bang Theory
- Biggest fears: Bees & Driving in snow and on big highways.
- I desire to see new parts of the world, but have anxiety about the actual travel part.
- I love movies that make you cry (note: I cry during funny movies too)
- Favorite color is Gray
- My husband and I are complete opposites, but share the same life goals
- I could live off pizza and mexican food
- Sweater weather is THE best
- Alanis Morissette will always be my favorite, But Andy Grammer and Jason Mraz are close behind
- I adore musicals - seen RENT several times and would love to take my kids to see it one day
- Can't eat pancakes without peanut butter.... peanut butter is life
- I could read books all day long.... yet never have the time anymore
- I think a bookstore is the most peaceful place on earth
- Love the beach in the early morning or late at night - Hate it in the middle of the day
- The sun hates me. I burn easily and quickly
- I hate to cook
- Love the smell of coffee and fresh cut grass
- I'm fascinated with the Royal Family
- I love the Harry Potter series.... yes I'm a nerd.
Andrea - 2019
“Mel is reasonably priced, accommodating, but most importantly incredibly talented! I recommend her to everyone!”